Join the Guild of Sommeliers and get access to the GuildSomm.com online community and Guild events.Create an Account
Guild Members have the opportunity to apply for scholarship enrichment programs that allow them to travel to wine regions around the globe to feel the terroir, taste the wines and learn first-hand from producers. Enrichment programs currently include:
- Bordeaux - Supported by the Commanderie de Bordeaux aux États-Unis, this enrichment trip allows for one sommelier to visit Bordeaux for 7 to 10 days.
- Champagne – Supported by Ruinart, this enrichment trip allows five sommeliers to visit Champagne for one week.
- Chile – Supported by Wines of Chile, this enrichment trip allows four sommeliers to visit Chile for one week.
- Germany – Supported by Wines of Germany and the European Union, this enrichment trip allows two sommeliers to visit Germany for one week.
- Languedoc - Supported by the CIVL, this enrichment trip allows for five sommeliers to visit Languedoc for a week.
- Napa – Supported by Napa Valley Vintners, this enrichment trip allows more than a dozen sommeliers to travel to Napa to visit numerous local wineries.
- Napa – Supported by Spire Collection, Kistler, Frog's Leap and Mayacamas, this enrichment trip allows ten sommeliers to travel to Napa to visit wineries in Napa and Sonoma plus attend educational tastings and a blind tasting seminar hosted by Master Sommeliers.
- Oregon - This enrichment trip allows two members to attend Oregon Pinot Camp in the Willamette Valley.
- Provence - Supported by the Provence Wine Council, four members travel to Provence for one week.
- South Africa – Supported by Vineyard Brands, this enrichment trip allows two sommeliers to travel to South Africa for one week and to visit the Cape Winelands.
- Tuscany – Supported by the Banfi Vintners Foundation, this enrichment trip allows five or more sommeliers to visit Tuscany for one week.
- Spain – Supported by Grupo Codorniu, this trip allows three sommeliers the opportunity to visit five distinguished wineries in five distinct regions over the course of one week.
- Vinho Verde - Supported by the CVRVV, this enrichment trip allows for four sommeliers to visit Vinho Verde for a week.
|Back to Top